Currently watching “The Perfect Date” on Netflix. (Anyone seen it yet?)
Been a while I did a product review and this one gives me De ja vu! From childhood nursery rhymes to wishing I was an adult this hair Brand was one for the books.
In this post I’ll be reviewing the Ozone Creme Relaxer, sharing my experience and letting you know if they still got it like they used to.
Before I go ahead with that let me share an honest truth you should know: my hair day is never consistent, I do not have a set date or frequency. Sometimes I treat my hair like shii and wear wigs (😭 I really can’t be alone on this one) after a while when I notice my hair getting dew & coarse I switch up thats when the hair day comes in, when I’m about to cut my hair into a short hair style, Slay my edges and steal a few men off the streets of Lagos 🤣. These all take effort & a process which includes:
- Prepping my hair: Ensuring I do not wash my hair for at-least 3 weeks before relaxing my hair; which I love to do at home by myself and this time I used the Ozone creme relaxer
For me I love my relaxer creamy like ice cream 😭 with a mild effect when you apply it.
However here are the two things I’ll be basing my review on:
1. Quality I.e texture & ability to get the job done: I’d rate it an 8/10 cause it has a fine texture and it absolutely gets the job done of relaxing my hair right.
2. Mildness: was it harsh on my hair texture after applying it ? No, it took about 30 mins for all of my hair to get relaxed & for it to fully lay my edges & every root which I absolutely loved because I did not have to worry about my hair burning. I was also able to get other things done while waiting on it to absorb my hair.
Extra point: For affordability & easy accessibility to shop products
Price:1,250 NGN for 175kg on Jumia
WHAT’S NEXT ?
• After prepping & relaxing My Hair I wash off with a moisturizing shampoo and apply a leave-in conditioner before heading to the hair stylist for a cut on that same day or a day after.
• If I want to dye my hair & cut it then it is best to leave a space of at-least a week after relaxing before applying another chemical which in this case is dye.
• I cut and ready to Slay for 2 weeks before heading back to the barbers for a trim.
ITS THAT SIMPLE.
Most times people ask “what’s the time frame for relaxing your hair?”
Ans: I stick to a 3 months interval before my next application of relaxer
That’s all from me
| Thanks for Reading |
Till next time
PS: How often do you apply relaxer to your hair ? And do you have a set day for hair care ? If you do what products do you make use of ?
4 thoughts on “PRODUCT REVIEW: HAIR DAY WITH OZONE COSMETICS”
Loved reading this and the picture are popping too! Ozone brings back childhood memories and I’m glad to see that they are still standing strong
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Cassie, I’m glad you did ❤️
Wow, there’s still Ozone! That’s interesting. It Was The first relaxer I used after secondary school. I love the blue package though.
Seeing your hair makes me miss my relaxed hair, I’m a natural hair girl and honestly, I’m getting tired but at the same time, scared that I might regret relaxing it. Imagine.
Loved reading this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ah I haven’t applied relaxer to my hair in over 6 years. Ah, I remember the ozone days. I used it a few times but was more of a dark and lovely person. Good to know Ozone has upped their game.
Looking so peng